Full course description
COURSE OPENS | JULY 19 | MLSS Course 2: Layered Supports: This course is the second in a series covering New Mexico’s Multi-Layer System of Supports (MLSS) framework. You will learn about the supports provided within each layer of New Mexico’s layered system in detail.
MLSS is a data-driven, prevention-based framework for improving learning outcomes for every student using a layered continuum of evidence-based practices and systems.
Participants in this second course that covers MLSS layers will be given the opportunity to:
- Learn about the structure of MLSS in detail
- Explore curriculum, assessment, social and emotional learning (SEL), and other types of supports provided to all learners at Layer 1
- Review supports provided to learners needing targeted intervention, such as evidence-based monitoring and interventions, at Layer 2
- Learn about supports provided to learners needing more individualized and intensive intervention at Layer 3
- Understand when students might need support beyond MLSS’ three layers, such as special-education services